Saturday, May 31, 2014

Top 5 regrets.... 5th is most important... and perhaps altered...

Taken from 
http://www.forbes.com/sites/ericjackson/2012/10/18/the-25-biggest-regrets-in-life-what-are-yours/

25 Biggest regrets

1. Working so much at the expense of family and friendships.  How do you balance meeting that short-term deadline at work and sitting down for dinner with your family?  It’s tough.  There are always worries. “What will my boss and co-workers think? It’s not a big deal if I stay late this one time.  I’ll make it up with the family this weekend.”  But the “making up” never seems to happen.  Days turn to months and then years and then decades.



 2. Standing up to bullies in school and in life.  Believe it or not, a lot of our biggest regrets in life have to do with things that happened to us in grade 4 or some other early age. We never seem to forget – or forgive ourselves – for not speaking up against the bullies.  We were too scared. We wish we had been more confident.  And by the way most of us have also met up with a bully in our work life.  Maybe he was our boss.  We remember that one time we wish we’d told him off – even if it cost us our job.  We usually take some small solace in hearing that that bully later on made some unfortunate career stumble.



3. Stayed in touch with some good friends from my childhood and youth. There’s usually one childhood or high school friend who we were best buddies with.  Then, one of us moved away.  We might have stayed in touch at first but then got busy.  Sometimes, we thought to pick up the phone, but maybe we don’t have their number or email any more.  We always wonder what it would be like to sit down with them again for a coffee.



4. Turned off my phone more/Left my phone at home.  Many of us can’t get off our phone/email addiction.  We sleep with it next to us. We carry it with us constantly. It’s right next to us in the shower, just in case we see a new email icon light up through the steamed up shower glass.  We know constantly checking email and Twitter in the evenings and on weekends takes us away from quality time with family and friends. Yet, we don’t stop.



5. Joining True Grit... Thinking I am all that.... Many of us know that we like a challenge. Personally I think I am better than I am, (I do not believe in self-doubt, that's a good thing yeh?), I want to complete something.  By the way; I have already decided I can not do this... I have fear of jumping high, oh and also of being electrocuted, (not a stupid fear I am sure, but 31 obstacles may include some bizarre tasks).  But, I deep down know that my thoughts are positive, for myself and others, and my goal is for us to all cross the line...together...let's have nothing but encouragement on all of our efforts.

WHAT THE BEEP, BEEP, BEEP WAS I THINKING!

Watch so I can explain my bruises tomorrow....

True Grit Perth 2014 - Hype Video

No comments:

Post a Comment