Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Liar liar pants on fire

Telling a little ‘porky pie’ is part of everyday life, and if you said you never lied, then you would be lying!  Have you ever said any of the following without realising there was no truth?
·             It wasn't me.
·             I'm fine.
·             I never got the message.
·             Your baby looks so beautiful.
·             That looks so good on you.
·             Thank you, dinner was so delicious.
·             I need 5 minutes of your time.
·             I never said that.
·             This hurts me more than it hurts you.
·              I wasn’t feeling well.
·              I was just kidding.
·               I was only trying to help.

I guess this is closely related to our blog "making excuses" except instead of saying that your dog ate your workout program, you fib that you skipped that extra wine and dessert after dinner or you really did squeeze in that early morning jog—when you didn't. Personal trainers understand, surprisingly we too are human. No one wants to look bad or let his or her trainer down, but it's essential to tell us the truth.

“I didn’t have anytime to work out this week”. A valuable personal trainer is consistently revising your program to best suit your needs.  If you're misleading about your workout or eating plan, then a trainer isn't going to be able to adapt your fitness plan to help you reach your goals. And at the end of the day, you're paying a trainer to help you reach your goals, so by lying; you're the one you have to face at the end of the day.

“I’m fine.” Tolerating strenuous workouts when you are in pain will only lead to serious problems. Excuses on the other hand slow down your workout progress. Help us help you.

When training at Body 2 Soul Fitness you are obligated to give your personal trainer accurate information in regards to your medical history, age and current injuries. This information is important because it helps your personal trainer deliver a safe workout session for you.  

Be as honest as possible with your personal trainer if you want to enjoy the experience and achieve the best results.

No comments:

Post a Comment